Thursday, September 07, 2006

Madonna Inn. Here I am at the very (deliberately) kitschy Madonna Inn. It is in San Luis Obispo, and is well known for its creative themed rooms. I'm in "Desert Sands". It's just like it looks. In the days of free wireless at even the cheapest hotels, I was rather surprised at the $9.95 per day charge for your choice of wired/wireless. I'll be taking some photos in the morning of the grounds and posting when I'm home again. I had lunch at Robata Grill & Sushi today and still find their daily lunch special at $9.95 a nice bargain and with good food. I finally left after having to go to Goodman's a second time to have them re-do my mail keys so a friend can check my mail while I'm out. The travel was very good, and it certainly was a plus that my clean air vehicle tags arrived in the mail today, just in time to place them on my bumpers and go! I sailed through the usual San Jose/Santa Cruz bound traffic in the carpool lanes with my perky red Prius hybrid.

My "Desert Sands" Room from the outside:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a spot Anna! I've heard it's a very unusual place. Sorry to hear about why you are going though.