Monday, May 05, 2008

French inspiration

Mimi's Cafe

I've always liked Mimi's Cafe. Erika introduced it to me in the Long Beach area, and I didn't realize it was a chain at the time. I found there is one in Dublin too, and it is also delicious. So when I find that I'm anywhere near at a mealtime, well, I stop by!

Bread Basket

Practically upon seating, a bread basket appeared. And was I ready for it! After going from Santa Barbara to Paso Robles, then across California on Hwy 46, through the beautiful (wine country) and surreal (Lost Hills oil fields), I finally crossed 101, and headed north to Visalia, picking up my Prius. I just wanted to get close to home, so didn't stop for lunch or snack - but finally stopping for dinner here in Livermore.

French Onion Soup

I started with the French Onion soup - lovely broth.

Grilled Salmon Nicoise Salad

I was tempted by a seasonal special, a grilled salmon nicoise salad. It consisted of mixed greens, egg, feta cheese and diced tomatoes all tossed in balsamic vinaigrette and topped with a grilled petite salmon fillet, marinated artichokes and red bliss potatoes. Substantial, yet light, I would definitely order this again. I enjoyed the trip, but was happy to be back home.

2 comments:

Zoomie said...

Glad to hear you got your Prius back and got home safely.

Anna Haight said...

Thanks! I learned that Prius's have 2 water pumps, and the one to the electric motor failed... but now all is right!