Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Harmony

Perfect Harmony.
Dad and I dropped in the other night for a bite at Harmony in Strawberry Village. The local sustainable Chinese place. I drop in here often. It's always impeccable. I last reviewed it (and first reviewed it) on February 23, 2007.

Turnip cakes

It is very hard for me to go in these doors without ordering their turnip cakes. Locally grown, sustainable and so sweet and delicious!

Pea shoot dumplings

These steamed dumplings with pea shoots were great as well.

Shrimp Dumplings

Another thing that is hard for me to resist is steamed shrimp dumplings. These came in the perfect condition, succulent, flavorful bites. Dad likes these a lot too.

Potstickers

And when you bite into the potstickers, your mouth is infused with the scent of fresh ginger. This instantly transported me back to Hiroshima where my host mother took the trouble to teach me how to make these, and fresh ginger was an important ingredient. These are definitely worth a place in your dim sum set.

Chinese chicken salad

We tried a refreshing Chinese Chicken Salad which had a nice biting mustard dressing and chicken with slightly salty, crispy skin. It is a delightful and light dish, made with a nice balance of flavors and textures. If you want delicious local, sustainable Chinese food in an upscale setting where you have many choices as a single diner as well as being a great place for groups, you couldn't go wrong here.

1 comment:

Elle said...

Lovely dim sum in Marin! This seems like a very nice place to eat and sustainable, too.