Thursday, May 17, 2007



Japanese Restaurants in Marin. On New Year's Day, I posted a list of all Japanese Restaurants that I know of in Marin. This has been a popular post, one of the top five visited on this site, so I thought it could use a little update. In fact, given that my 'theme' pages are the most enduringly popular, I'm going to start a new feature - food theme pages. Watch for future updates as I organize the food map of Marin, and add summaries to the side bar.

I find it rather amazing that I've visited every Japanese restaurant in Marin save two. If I'm missing any, please let me know!


Japanese Restaurants and others serving "Japanese" food

(and link to my review, if I wrote one, or other info)

Larkspur

King of the Roll
Sushi-ko

Mill Valley

Amberjack
Ino Sushi
Robata Grill & Sushi
Samurai
Sushi Gourmet

Novato

Masa's Sushi & Appetizer Bar
Matsuyama
Taki

San Anselmo

Sushi 69

San Rafael

Akira Sushi Bar
Fujiyama
Kamikaze
Sushi Boat Restaurant
Sushi Lin
Sushi-to-Dai-For
Tenkyu
Arigatou - Japanese Food to Go (haven't tried)
Edo Japan (haven't tried)


Sausalito

Sushi Ran
Sweet Ginger

Tiburon

Ginza Sushi


Non-Japanese Restaurants featuring sushi...

Mill Valley

May Lee's Chinese & Sushi Restaurant

San Rafael


Yu Shang Restaurant & Sushi Bar

2 comments:

cookiecrumb said...

There is another King of the Roll in San Rafael (Terra Linda, out Freitas Parkway). From the road, the sign says "King of the Road," but over the door it's "Roll."
Another one I've been to is probably on your list, but I can't remember its name. It's in the Trader Joe's plaza. I think they use fake maguro, which *really* scares me and pisses me off. Red dye. Funny taste.
Thanks for your great round-up.

Anna Haight said...

Cookiecrumb: OOps. I'll have to include the other King of the Roll in the next version, thanks for pointing that out. The one near Trader Joe's is Kamikaze and I luckily haven't had any maguro there, thanks for the warning!