Sunday, July 03, 2005

La Maison de la Reine. This Vietnamese restaurant in the Corte Madera Town Center has very good food, the chicken rice noodle soup is made with their own freshly made chicken stock which is excellent. The vermicelli bowls are a lunch time favorite. Linda and I met for lunch there prior to a shopping session yesterday-- Linda felt in the mood to shop and wanted some shoes. As usual, I ended up with some new shoes, and Linda did not find her pair.

Coleman Purely Natural. Had a little BBQ with Dad and friend Daniel last night. We tried a new product - Chicken, Spinach & Feta sausage on the grill. It tasted great, although the heated feta seemed to spurt wildly when the sausage was cut into. I also tried Nate's mushroom polenta. Although Dad & Daniel found it fine, I was disappointed that the product would not cook as directed and I had to make it in 'mush' style rather than in crispy rounds. All I can find out about Nate's Polenta is that is was aquired by Monterey Pasta Co. in 2000. Molly Stone's, a great local market was the source of the dinner ingredients, including fresh asparagus that I also grilled, and a cherry struedel that received raves.

No comments: