Sunday, July 10, 2005


The Fig Cafe. I visited Linda yesterday afternoon, while my Dad caught up with his friends at the Wine Country House where he has been living until recently. We caught up and went to Oak Hill Farm to the Red Barn, where we discussed organic edibles. I knew that strawberries were the worst at holding pesticide residues in the fruit family, but it was news to me that celery holds the same dubious reputation in the veggie family. I bought some beautiful yellow and green summer squash and leeks. After a leisurely talk and dreamweaving about tea rooms and salons, we went to the Fig Cafe in Glen Ellen for dinner. We sat in the booth just under the painting of cherries spilling out above. We had a lovely thin-crust pizza and ho-hum desserts. I liked my arugula and fig salad, but Linda wasn't crazy about her chopped variety.

No comments: