Friday, January 18, 2008

La Maison de la Reine

Vietnamese veggie fare.
I stopped by La Maison de la Reine for dinner with my friend Sachiko one evening, and we were both in the mood for light eating. The staff were friendly and inviting and we enjoyed sitting in the heated sun room.

Fresh rolls

We started with some fresh rolls, which were filled with crisp vegetables and fresh shrimp. These were the perfect bites to wet the appetite for the warm pho to come.

Fixins

Next came the fresh add-ons for the pho, a heaping plate. All you could imagine wanting of cilantro, basil, jalepeno peppers, mung bean sprouts, lime slices and tangy sauces.

Vegetarian pho with Tofu

Then came the main event, the steam hot pho chock full of fresh veggies and tofu. Knowing that the chicken broth is made from scratch, we departed from having a vegetarian experience to a veggie experience with the light and flavorful broth flavoring the colorful ingredients. It was great, especially on a rainy day, as it was.

I reviewed this restaurant previously on May 31, 2007 and March 20, 2007.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I love the food at this restaurant. They don't recommend the veg pho without the chicken broth, but I thought it was excellent. The eggplant and tofu here is killer!

They also have a great vegan noodle dish, but only for lunch.

Anna Haight said...

I agree that the veggie broth here is also excellent. I'll have to try the eggplant and tofu! I think I've had the vegan noodle dish -- a 'bun'? at lunch, it was also good.