Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Sukhi's at San Rafael Farmer's Market

Indian Treats. Dad & I visited the Farmer's Market at the San Rafael Civic Center on Sunday, and met some cheerful men who were inviting all to try samples of a variety of Indian dishes and snacks. I happen to be a big fan of Sukhi's vegetarian samosas, and there were some interesting snacks on display too.

Spicy Treats

The younger man gave me a sample of a 'lentil' snack. It was a "Moong Dal" spicy treat. It was nice, a little like rice crispies and would be a nice salad topping. I bought a "Bombay" spicy treat as well as I couldn't imagine what a snack that included cucumber seeds could possibly taste like. The answer is good. Bombay was light and had just the right amount of spiciness for a "kick" without needing to find the nearest fire hose to cool down.

Last night I enjoyed celebrating Daniel's birthday with his closest friends at Marin Brewing Company, since it was a very social celebration I only took photos of people, such as Daniel blowing out his candles. Nonetheless, the food was great and the service good.

1 comment:

Chef Jeena said...

Indian snacks are really tasty arn't they. :-)