Saturday, October 07, 2006


Indian in San Rafael. Looking for a new place, I discovered Lotus in San Rafael. The door was amazing!


The host on the inside gave me a friendly greeting and found a place for me in the beautifully decorated and serene dining room which was still crowded after 1 p.m. Apparently it is a popular place, and the Zagat awards on the wall attested to good things to come.


Since it was lunchtime, I enjoyed their buffet bar. It was a bit short on choices, but I was impressed that they had brown rice pillau in addition to the regular jasmine. The quality of the food was good, and they passed on one of my pet peeves, the quality of fruit served. One of the choices was mixed fresh fruit, and it was indeed fresh, and also importantly - ripe! It was quite good. The tandoori chicken was tender and well seasoned too. The naan was a little dry, but it happens on buffet tables. I'll have to try Lotus in the evening some time - it is quite promising.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks really really Deli.icio.us !

shiva  blogs...