Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Not Grandma's Breakfast

Chard Potato Tempeh

Now that I've received my overflowing 'half' of a box of fruits and veggies locally delivered every week, I have to use those wonderful fresh pieces of produce! The other morning I became rather creative and made potatoes with tempeh and wilted swiss chard, topped with an egg. Dad loved it, and I thought it was a nice way to lighten up breakfast and get in a few more of those very healthy leafy greens! My next delivery is due today! So you may be seeing a larger portion of home cooking on this blog in the foreseeable future.

3 comments:

Zoomie said...

What fun! Glad to hear you are enjoying your domesticity.

cookiecrumb said...

Even a half a box is quite a commitment. Good luck; if you dedicate yourself to it, it will make a huge difference in your diet.
Who's your supplier?

Anna Haight said...

Betty's Organics. My neighbor did the research and chose this one, being enthusiastic about how nice it was. We concocted a plan to have fresher food by splitting a box every week rather than each of us ordering one every other week for ourselves. She's home most of the time, and it's delivered to her door, just downstairs from me.