Sunday, March 01, 2009

Hidden pleasure

The Pleasure is Mine @ Harbor Point

You really have to look to find "The Pleasure is Mine @ Harbor Point" in Mill Valley. There is a small sandwich sign at the entrance to the Harbor Point Tennis & Swim Club, but once you turn down the drive, you just have to figure it out. However, if you see these doors in the building behind the tennis courts, you'll know you've arrived.

Crab and Lobster Melt

I decided to try the Fresh Crab & Lobster Melt with melted Swiss cheese on sourdough bread. It was fine, but not my favorite rendition as it seemed to have a 'deviled' quality to it. I like my crab a little more 'au naturel'. The Caesar salad that I chose as my side (there is quite a variety of side choices) was quite good.

View from restaurant

I didn't take this through the glass, however this is the approximate view from my table. It was quite pleasant.

Birds playing in front of restaurant

And these birds were fun to watch.

strawberry panorama 3

On the way there, I snapped some other photos of the view. This was the Strawberry side of the water over the Richardson Bay Bridge.

Mt. Tamalpais

Looking back down the road from near this spot, Mt. Tamalpais is quite imposing.

View from top of hill off seminary drive

My car's navigation system decided rather than stay on Seminary Drive until it merged near the restaurant entrance, that I should take a shortcut over the hill, near the theological seminary the larger road was named after. I didn't mind as the view from there is stunning.

Restaurant Inspection Results
Critical: 0
Noncritical: 0
Last inspected: 9/24/2008

No comments: