Thursday, August 16, 2007

Bubba's Diner

Local favorite. I've heard for years about how good Bubba's Diner is. Not just for breakfast either. Besides putting things together well, it also uses fresh local organic ingredients, and it shows in the taste. My friend Daniel (patiently waiting for me at the door in the photo) and I went a few evenings ago to try it for the first time. Way overdue!

Hamburger, undressed

Luckily, Daniel is on nearly the same eating plan as I so it companionable to have someone else make special requests too. He had a hamburger without the bun.

Fruit

And instead of fries, some fruit. The meal received Daniel's seal of approval. In fact, he seemed to enjoy the small town of San Anselmo in general. We spent some time at an independent bookstore afterwards, and I came out with the latest Harry Potter book.

Chopped Salad

As for me, I enjoyed every forkful of the chopped salad. The heirloom tomatoes and fresh roasted fowl were most impressive! I definitely want to come back here for breakfast. And breakfast is available all day!

Yesterday at lunch I stopped in at Harmony for a Chinese Chicken Salad -- rumor has it that they are about to update their menu for some newly available local seasonal produce that is just coming in and looking good!

1 comment:

Zoomie said...

We like Bubba's, too, when we get over that way. The chopped salad looks incredible, I'll have to order that next time.