Friday, October 09, 2009

Now this is good!

Easy Street Cafe

Jo-Ann and I finally managed to get together for breakfast, choosing to try a new place to us, Easy Street Cafe in San Anselmo.This location is easy to find in the Red Hill Shopping Center. We chose it in part because Jo-Ann was in the mood for sweet crepes.

Fruit Crepe

Jo-Ann's Fruit Crepe was HUGE. It occurred as a gigantic fruit burrito, although clearly it was a crepe. The interesting thing about it is that the fruit crepe is not listed under 'crepes' on the menu, but its with the pancake and waffle section. Go figure. Although absolutely delicious, it was impossible to finish, so Jo-Ann took half home.

Ahi Tuna Benedict

I had to try the Ahi Tuna Benedict. The large, thick pieces of thoroughly cooked ahi tuna was placed on top of caramelized onions, which were on top of the traditional English Muffin half. This was unlike any other benedict I've ever tried, and was a lovely medley of savory flavors. I would go back just for this dish. The service was friendly and prompt.

Ahi Tuna Benedict - close up

Here's a close up of my dish. The ahi was thickly sliced and well done. I have to say, if you are watching fat calories, this meal was pretty over the top with not only the hollandaise sauce over the benedict, but full-bodied sour cream adorning the potatoes. I skipped lunch and had a light dinner after eating this for breakfast. I hear that Kids Eat Free on Mondays here.

Restaurant Inspection Results
Critical: 0
Noncritical: 1

Find address/phone number/directions on Anna's Map.

No comments: