Thursday, January 24, 2008

Caffe Oggi

Service slippage. Caffe Oggi has been a favorite place, but I haven't been here for some time. Dad & I went the other day expecting to enjoy the usual friendly service and good food. The service was at best, indifferent. In fact the man behind the counter provided the worst service I've experienced in some time at any restaurant. The owner was in a corner, talking animatedly in Italian and not noticing. The restaurant was not crowded, so that wouldn't be cause. I was hard pressed to figure out why this man was so slow and surly, and indifferent to the woman standing behind me as well. This was extremely disappointing, and if it weren't for the food, I would say not to bother going.

Vegetable Fritatta w/Swiss Chard

My favorite vegetable fritatta with Swiss chard was as delicious as ever, the vegetables melded together softly with egg. The Swiss chard was nicely sauteed with garlic and olive oil.

Scrambled Eggs with Italian Sausage and Swiss Chard

Dad had the scrambled eggs with Italian sausage and Swiss chard. He enjoyed it too and commented on the generous portion of the sausage and how flavorful it was. Now, all that is needed is for the staff to get some training in customer service.

Previous reviews of Caffe Oggi:
April 9, 2007
August 30, 2006

No comments: