Sunday, August 17, 2008

Cheerful Interior

Sam's Roadhouse

Dad & I stopped in to Sam's Roadhouse for a late lunch the other day. It is open from 7 a.m. for breakfast, a point that I missed until then. I was also pleasantly surprised by the interior.

Interior

The inside was bright and cheery with red seats and an old road sign from what looks like Novato's past.

Veggie Burger

Dad ordered a Veggie Burger with fries, and said it was great.

Roadhouse Specialty Fish & Chips

I tried their Roadhouse Specialty - Fish & Chips. The fish was pretty good, moist on the inside with a crisp shell, and the coleslaw was very tasty. There is also a dinner portion of fish & chips for larger appetites. I thought this was just right. The staff was also quite friendly and prompt. A nice place for a casual and cheerful lunch. They also have music on some weekend evenings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it is closed. There is a sign up for "Points South" Yucatecan Cuisine. Sounds interesting.

Anna Haight said...

Oh my! I'll have to check this out. Thanks for the tip.