Saturday, November 08, 2008

Mexican or American?

Mint and Mexican-American Onions

Remember the organic onions during the Eat Local Challenge which I thought were US sourced and found were from Mexico? When you use the green tops and stick the white bulbs into the earth, does that convert them to local? I tried planting green onion from seed, and they are still like little blades of grass (if you enlarge the photo enough, you might see them). The white ends however, grew wildly immediately! I planted them around the pot of mint that didn't take off. This morning I cut off four tall bent-over strands of green from this pot and used in an omelet. And my new Sony Cybershot DSC-T77 was delivered today! And this is one of the first three photos taken with it! It's an 'effective' 10.1 megapixel with an internal 4x optical zoom and is very small!

1 comment:

cookiecrumb said...

I dub them local.
Anna's a farmer!