Friday, August 15, 2008

Scandinavian choices

The Lighthouse Diner

The Lighthouse Diner in San Rafael is a clean and warm place to enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner. It's bar is even friendly and well-stocked with Scandinavian favorites. I enjoyed many a Danish meatball for breakfast here, and their corned beef hash is housemade and very good. Given all the meals I've had here it was hard to believe that I hadn't already formally reviewed it.

Sourdough and Pumpernickel

I did remember the dense pumpernickel bread that is available here. It reminds me of the Germanic countries that I visited while a university student. Dad went for the sourdough and enjoyed it as well. "A taste of San Francisco!" he said, forgetting that he lives so close!

Jose's scramble

Jose's scramble, stuffed with veggies was just the ticket for me. It had spinach, green peppers, tomatoes, red onions and mushrooms scrambled in the eggs with (Jack) cheese.

Ham & Cheese Omelet

Dad went for the standard Ham & (cheddar) Cheese Omelet, and he enjoyed the home fries as well. The Lighthouse serves breakfast 7:00-4:00 every day, except Sunday when it opens at 8 a.m.

No comments: