Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Relaxing deck

Guaymas

A favorite spot in Tiburon has been Guaymas, especially their deck, once the weather makes it not-too-hot and not-too-cold/windy. Last week there was such a day, and I was excited to get reacquainted with the deck.

Fresh corn tortillas, thick with special sauces

Once you've placed your order, a fat stack of housemade corn tortillas arrive with three tasty sauces.

View

After tasting a couple, I settled in to enjoy the view.

Plato Vegetariano

Wanting a more creative option than the vegetarian tostada, I decided to try the Plato Vegetariano. This I would recommend sharing with friends rather than having as an entree meal. The positives were the plantain (wow!), the grilled corn and the spinach sauteed in garlic. Less appealing were the zucchini (cut too thick and barely warm), green onions (just not appetizing grilled), and chayote (cool, crisp and too bland). The cold black beans and corn salad was ok, and the tomato slice was nice and ripe. I've had many a nice meal at Guaymas, plan to enjoy their deck in the future as well, and probably will go for seafood next time.

1 comment:

Zoomie said...

My Beloved and I have a special history with Guaymas and love the food and the view, although I must admit we normally order a meat or seafood dish there.