Friday, February 01, 2008

Confucius Restaurant

Wise Chinese.
I stopped in at Confucius Restaurant in San Rafael the other day when it was blustery but not raining. It's exterior may be drab, but it's clean and cheery inside.

Salad & Hot and Sour Soup

I discovered a nice variety for a reasonable price in their lunch special. A small green salad and hot and sour soup start you off. Yes, these are not 'wow' items, but they are fresh and just fine.

Vegetables Deluxe

I tried the vegetables deluxe with spring roll and vegetables chow mein. Oh, and I can't forget the sweet orange wedge. Although the accompaniments were average, the vegetables had the 'wow' factor. Color - variety - generously portioned is a winning combo for the vegetables. I would go back just for this nicely sauced vegetable dish. It's not the kind of place you would drive out of your way to come to, but if you are in the neighborhood this is a good value.

No comments: