Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Products you miss


Aren't there some products that you love that disappear forever? Soken's Jinenjo Soba is one of those for me. In fact, when I first had difficulties locating it I actually wrote to the company in Japan! I did get a response, however, it wasn't what I wanted to hear. It was no longer available in the US. Now Eden also makes a Jinenjo Soba, but it doesn't have the quality I most appreciated about Soken's Jinenjo Soba. The fiber content. Soken's version has 35g of fiber to Eden's 2g. Yes ,there are plenty of tasty, nutritious sobas out there, but Soken's was great for the Fat & Fiber Diet that was once part of Weight Watcher's repertoire. It worked for me better than their regular diet plans. So I put eating high fiber foods in my diet toolbox. I should check with Soken again.. it's been a couple years, maybe I'll be lucky this time.

Is there a product that you miss?? Leave me a comment about what you are nostalgic for.

1 comment:

Zoomie said...

Most of the ones I miss are still available but the recipes have been changed over the years to disappointing results, such as whole wheat English muffins, which changed from hearty to sicky sweet.