Friday, August 28, 2009

Finally!

Tsukiji Sushi

I've followed Tsukiji Sushi from its possibility in Sausalito, all the way to its coming to Mill Valley. And about a month after its opening, I finally made it here. I was favorably impressed with the elegant ambiance they've created on the inside, and the polite and knowledgeable waitstaff that served me during lunch.

Miso Soup

Miso soup came quickly, and it was deliciously complex with just the right balance of dashi and miso.

Salad

I was surprised at the generous size of the salad that followed. It was well dressed in a typical Japanese mayonnaise based dressing. I thought it was a plus for the meal.

Chirashi Don

And then, what I was waiting for arrived, the Chirashi Don. It had a wide variety of fresh bites from the sea and beyond. It was a wonderfully artful and had the deft hand of a sushi master in the cut -- smooth, not grainy. I'm really happy to have another Japanese option so close to home!

Restaurant Inspection Results

Tsukiji Sushi has not yet been inspected.

Find address/phone number/directions on Anna's Map.

1 comment:

Zoomie said...

Looks Japanese-delicious with American-size portions!