Thursday, December 20, 2007

Depot Hotel - Cucina Rustica

Birthday Lunch.
Yesterday I had the most awesome birthday! I met Linda for lunch at Cucina Rustica in the Depot Hotel in Sonoma. We couldn't believe it was our first visit together there. This little Tuscan restaurant is a hidden jewel just north of Sonoma Square.

Petrale Sole with Capers and Lemon Sauce

Linda took a Petrale Sole with Capers in Lemon Sauce special. It was lovely and I tried a bite too.

Agnolotti stuffed with Portobello mushrooms and ricotta

I enjoyed the Agnolotti stuffed with Portobello mushrooms and ricotta, in a white wine sauce with fresh mushrooms. It was just perfect. As was the champagne we started the meal with. The service was impeccable, and we were not rushed. The meal was just lovely, and I shall return! I'll be writing about my birthday dinner in San Francisco another day.

No comments: