Sunday, December 09, 2007

Sand Dollar Restaurant & Bar

An abundant day at the beach.
I started out the morning yesterday by going to a lecture and meditation entitled "Spiritual Prosperity: Living in Abundance". There were signs that although the experience would be great, that it wasn't the day for it for me. Last week was so rainy, and I did a lot of editing and computer work, all closeted up in an office or at my home office, and here it was a gloriously sunny day. First sign, I passed the building inadvertently, and it's a very familiar building to me. Second sign, when I was waiting for the green arrow to turn left on the pass back, it seemed to take an inordinate amount of time... in fact after I felt that way, I waited 4 light cycles without it turning green, and the man behind me in the Jaguar, impatiently drove off and made a u-turn at the next stoplight. I soon followed. (And the light had fixed itself by the time I got back!) Third sign, although the lecture was great, my muscles were restless and my mind was wandering... so I left at the first break knowing I really needed some nature time! So on a whim, I picked up my Dad, who also hadn't been on a good outing in a while, and drove the long way via Muir Beach to Stinson Beach, and arrived for a late lunch.

Sand Dollar Deck

We walked past the deck section of the Sand Dollar Restaurant & Bar, and it looked so inviting, we decided to lunch there. Good choice it turns out, and we were warmly greeted at the door.

Sand Dollar water

We were soon seated (we decided on an indoor seat) and water in signature glasses came promptly.

Sand Dollar Interior

We looked around the restaurant and saw the friendly 'bar' part of its name.

Sand Dollar Window

And looked out the charming window, through the flower boxes to the opposite side of the street.

Fish & Chips

Dad tried the Mirror Pond Ale Fish & Chips, which he said were good (and ate every bite of this big plate!).

Clam Chowder

I had the New England Clam Chowder - so creamy and full of fresh clams!

Pear Salad

I matched it with the pear salad which included seasonal greens, candied walnuts, crumbled blue cheese, and balsamic dressing. It was also quite tasty and eye pleasing.

No Fishing - Due to Oil Contamination

After lunch we took a stroll to the beach. I was quite unhappy to see that there is still no fishing due to oil contamination.

Stinson Beach dog walk

But the beach was still beautiful and rejuvenating to be around. Others were enjoying it too, petting dogs, jogging and just sitting and enjoying the sound of the waves crashing and the fresh sea air.

Stinson Beach through branch

I found a curving tree branch which was stable to rest on in the sand, and Dad leaned on it and breathed deeply while I continued to snap photos. What could be more abundant than this, the time and freedom to enjoy what is around you?

Flowers in December

On the way back to the car, we saw new yellow blooms in December! Abundant earth we have don't we?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, your pictures really inspire me to go on vacation - gotta get me some of that clam chowder

Zoomie said...

Stinson always affects me like that, too. Lovely, lovely.

Elle said...

There's nothing like the beach for rejuvenation and appreciation for the life we have. Your pictures are wonderful and the food you had looks delicious! Sorry I have been out of touch, but waaaay too much going on...most of it good, but still time consuming. Hope you and your Dad have a wonderful Christmas. I love the live tree on your deck...looks really festive. Have not yet gotten going on Christmas decor, but will this week if all goes well.