Friday, March 13, 2009

One of those drive by and recircles

Tuscany Country Grill

As I was looking for a dinner place in Novato, I passed Tuscany Country Grill, and my head twisted itself backwards as I caught the sign. A surprise place! I had to turn around and make it my evening's dining destination.

Potato Leek Soup

I started with their soup of the day, Potato Leek. It was a tad salty, but still good and with a nice base of flavor.

Lemon Petrol Sole

The menu is quite eclectic with pizza, pasta, sandwiches, salads, and burgers in addition to their specialties. I finally settled on Sole A la Lemone. What a full plate, and festive! I was impressed with the attention to detail with fresh chopped herbs scattered on the plate. The fish was very fresh, the sauce had a perfectly balanced smooth taste. The angel hair pasta had a "white sauce alfredo" on it that was a little bland for my taste, but then I've never been an alfredo fan. The vegetables were a nicely sauteed so that they still had some bite and a hint of garlic.

Tiramisu

I was very curious about the desserts, so I indulged in a tiramisu. It was not only pretty, but absolutely a luscious light and creamy delight. I couldn't finish this portion, it is a good size for sharing, especially after a full meal. The bottom line is that Tuscany Country Grill is a bright and cheery addition to Novato's choices, with friendly prompt service and solidly good food offerings.

Restaurant Inspection Results
Critical: 0
Noncritical: 0
Last inspected: 2/13/2009


Find address/phone number/directions on Anna's Map.

No comments: