Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Consider the price

China Village

China Village in Fairfax shocked me with the low prices on a lunch plate. I had other things on my mind, so I don't remember how much my particular dish was, but it was only a bit more than some of the standard chicken and beef dishes that ran from about $5.55. No kidding.

Hot & Sour Soup

All the lunch specials came with hot and sour soup. The broth was flavorful (remember, I don't like hot & sour soup!), and there was a generous lump of tofu in it. Unfortunately, there was a lack of other ingredients in the soup.

Sweet and Sour Shrimp

I had sweet and sour shrimp with fried rice for my main, and it came with a small crab ragoon. The crab ragoon had a nice bite of smooth and creamy crab inside, and the flavor of the sweet and sour shrimp was good. The fried rice was lacking vegetables. All I could decipher were threads of cabbage and fried egg strands. So it wasn't terribly exciting, but it was fresh and filling. If you are looking for a very cheap price point, they do a good job in getting hot, fresh and rather tasty food in front of you. I personally would choose to pay a bit more and have a little more added into the ingredients. However, some who are on tight budgets may well appreciate a meal out that is acceptable and filling.

No comments: