Sunday, August 05, 2007

chocolate & books

What goes better with textbooks?
Long live Trader Joe's where I noticed "Carb Safe" chocolate with 0g of net carbs! The chocolate bar is sitting on a partial stack of the books I completed for the semester -- and yes it is over and all assignments done, including a 20 page term paper. Reason to celebrate - first semester complete of my PhD program. More reason to celebrate - 8.8 lbs. down on the South Beach Diet, and I'm riding my bike between work and home. I also bought another red hybrid -- no it's not a twin to my red Prius, not a car at all... I'll leave you guessing for a bit. So after all this, I'm kicking back and enjoying part of that chocolate bar you see...

6 comments:

Sarah C. said...

Ooo, good for you! The dark chocloate ones are the hardest to find. BTW, you can also order them directly from the company via the web.

Kalyn Denny said...

Now I'm doubly jealous. First that you have Trader Joe's and can find this wonderful chocolate there, and second, that you have a red Prius. I'm sold on Toyota, have a 1996 Camry which is going strong. I'm saving money to buy a car for cash in a few years, and would love to get the Camry hybrid if I can save that much!

Congrats on the 8.8 pounds! It's truly not that hard is it? How do you feel? When I'm being really faithful and eating the low-glycemic way I have so much more energy than when I'm eating more processed or high carb foods.

Anna Haight said...

Thanks for the tip Sarah.

Kayln: I love my red Prius! Worth saving for. As for the SBD, it wasn't that hard, and I feel great. In fact, I feel quite different. It's like the energy I have is "strong" energy rather than "quick and weak". I'm trying to eat on Phase 1.5 since I have a lot of weight to lose, yet don't want to completely exclude healthy fruits or the occasional carb like brown rice.

Anna Haight said...

PS. The website for the manufacturer of the Carb Safe Chocolate is:

http://www.d-lectable.com

They will ship is there isn't a nearby Trader Joe's.

Joe said...

Thanks for adding the link Anna - I'm always on the look out for new chocolate! We don't have a TJs close, but we are moving back to MN soon and will have one not too far away again! I'll have to check them out in a couple weeks to see if that location has it.

Elle said...

Congrats on finishing the first semester and on losing the weight. Looking forward to this coming Wednesday in Marin to see the skinnier you and your Dad.