Thursday, August 02, 2007

Fernando's

Another surprise breakfast.
This weekend I happened to discover a place that serves breakfast during all their open hours. Unfortunately none of their open hours are actually at breakfast time. Fernando's Restaurant in Novato has a section with Mexican breakfast items, and since they are only open for lunch and dinner, it is then necessarily at 'brunch' spot.

Tree view

Looking up and out the window where we were seated, you would think we were in a densely wooded area.

reality

Perception is everything. Actually the restaurant is located off what is normally a rather busy street.

Chips and Salsa

I also noticed how much my Dad follows my lead. When I don't touch the chips, he hardly does either although he said there was nothing wrong with these. I used the salsa on my egg dish, it tasted freshly made.

Machaca scramble

Yes, I tried the Machaca scramble. It is usually accompanied by refried beans and rice, but I had some whole pinto beans instead. The cole slaw that came with it was delightfully light and fresh, not anything like the mayonnaised version.

Tostada and Chile Relleno combination

Dad checked out a lunch option, a combination of chicken and fresh avocado tostada and chile relleno. He said it was great, and cleaned his plate! Aside from the fresh salsa and the cole slaw, this is pretty standard Mexican fare, not bad, but nothing to go out of your way for either.

No comments: