Thursday, July 12, 2007

Pizza Antica

Inventive Pizza. Dad and I stopped in for a quick lunch the other day at the nearby Pizza Antica. It was a very pleasant day, and most of the patrons were sitting outside at the tables clustered on the extended sidewalk, enjoying the perfect weather. Dad and I went inside to stay out of the sun. I've also added photos from another unpublished visit here, so you have two-in-one!

Water

They serve complimentary water in pretty carafes. A number of restaurants these days are doing the earth a favor and not pushing the bottled variety. I have to say though I'm addicted to my sidekick of Crystal Geyser, Metromint or calcium containing Contrex. The plastic IS recyclable (and I do, carrying crumpled plastic in my car home to put in the recycle bin), And I think it's still such a better choice than cans of sugar containing drinks, which has the same waste problem, but are detrimental to your health.

Chopped Salad

We split a chopped salad. Pizza Antica is always very nice about splitting it on two plates beforehand so it's easy to share. And this is one of my favorite salads, the avocado, egg, bacon and other tidbits are evenly spaced throughout and the dressing is not overdone.

Field Greens

Their field green salad is light and nice as well.

Camelized onions, fingerling potatoes and prociutto pizza

Dad and I shared their number six, caramelized onions, heirloom potatoes, white truffle oil, plus added procuitto. It was great!

Shaved Broccoli, Caramelized Onions, Pancetta and 3 cheeses

The shaved broccoli, caramelized onion, pancetta and three cheeses is no slouch in taste either. The crust on these pizzas is cracker thin, and a great bite!

Yesterday, after much to do getting my bike unburied and ready to go, I started my first bike ride to work in Sausalito. I got about half way, when a big fluffy gray dog got very interested in a cute white poodle across the path, and crossed right in front of me, my front wheel just a couple inches from hitting him. Naturally, I braked and took a tumble, scraping my knee throughly. I made it to work after that, but the knee protested by stiffening up. No bad damage, but I'm now icing it and it's a little set back from my hopes of doing the bike ride again tomorrow. But the good news is that after much talking about doing it, I finally did, and it was quite nice, sans dog. I will be back on the road again in no time!

2 comments:

cookiecrumb said...

So sorry about your scrape! You were a hero, Anna. Get back up on that horsie and ride to Sausalito.
(I did it a couple of times from Mill Valley, but oy, I'm so not a bike type. Cranky did it all the time.)
I like Antica too. That will be me and Cranky outside, with our little doggie.

Anna Haight said...

I couldn't bear it if I hit that sweet dog! I will be back on on the bike trail soon! And looking for you and Cranky with Beansprout at Antica!