Friday, December 29, 2006

Hearts of Palm Dip

Hearts of Palm Dip.
I made this hot dip at Easter last year, and found it to be a favorite among friends. I have made it since, but it always gets snapped up so quickly, I don't even have a chance to photograph it. Yesterday evening, I took it over as my contribution to dinner at Sachiko's, so I had a chance to snap this photo. You can also vary the basic recipe by substituting other things for the hearts of palm, such as spinach, artichoke hearts, or water chestnuts.

Hearts of Palm Dip

Ingredients
  • 1 (14.25 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and chopped
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup chopped green onion
  • 3/4 cup sour cream
  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a glass pie plate or square glass baking pan.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix together the hearts of palm, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, green onion, sour cream and mayonnaise. Spread into the greased baking dish.
  3. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.

1 comment:

Kalyn Denny said...

I love hearts of palm. I've had something similar with artichokes, but I think it sounds just awesome with the hearts of palm.