Monday, May 11, 2009

The day after

Garlic Roasted Crab with Sauteed Spinach

I hope all mothers had a Happy Mother's Day, and everyone else enjoyed yesterday too. Thinking that the restaurants would be overflowing, we decided to have a nice meal in. Safeway had a special on Alaskan King Crab for $9.99 lb. and some crab took our fancy. Since my father has difficulty eating shelled things, just can't see too well, I decided to make a roasted garlic crab preparation where I cut the shell partially away. My chicken sheers finally have a new purpose! We toasted my late mother and enjoyed the crab with a side of fresh spinach sauteed with garlic and a little E.V.O.O.

Garlic Roasted Alaskan King Crab

~ 2 lbs. cooked Alaskan King Crab
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 stick butter

Defrost (if frozen) the King Crab legs and cut in pieces at the bends of the legs as you like (I cut mine in smaller pieces than I normally would to help out my elderly father). Cut away 1/4 - 1/2 of one side of the shell. Put the minced garlic and butter together in a microwave safe dish and melt the butter in the microwave, or in a small saucepan. Arrange the legs open side up on a baking pan. Brush the garlic butter over the open parts leaving bits of minced garlic in the leg meat. Bake until warm, and broil for a couple minutes to finish. Serves 2 as main dish, more people as an appetizer.


Zoomie said...

I'm always touched by the care and kindness with which you treat your Dad.

Doug Barnard said...

Looks awesome, thanks for this! Great food sensory !