Friday, November 16, 2007

Jupiter

Afternoon and Evening in Berkeley.
Yesterday I met up with my friend Daniel in Berkeley where the talk was tech and we both came away learning new things and with a possible new business venture. We wandered over to Jupiter for some more talk and dinner. I could see why Daniel likes this place so much, casual yet warm, with inventive fresh salads and pizza, and a few small plates.

Asian Chicken Skewers

Wanting to watch the carbs, I chose a couple appetizers, the first was Asian Chicken Skewers. These were lime and ginger marinated with a spicy peanut sauce. The meat was moist and perfectly cooked, and the sauce was interesting.

Portobello Mushrooms

I also had the Portobello Mushrooms, which were filled with asparagus, caramelized onion, and fontina cheese. The menu didn't mention that the mushrooms were relatively small and that there was a salad attached, but they were delicious.

Spinach and Albacore Tuna Salad

Daniel dived into the Spinach and Albacore Tuna salad. It had baby spinach (although it really didn't look all that 'baby'), albacore tuna, white beans, cucumbers and sweet peppers in it, and I heard from Daniel that it was really great, and that their Salmon Salad is also worth a repeat visit.

I'm still working away on the hair mats for the bay... and my Dad scared me a few minutes ago by such uncontrollable shaking and shortness of breath out of nowhere that I called 911 and nearly instantly had the Mill Valley emergency medical team here, four or so, who were nothing but competent and wonderful. Luckily, he didn't need to be taken to the ER, suspicions are that he's having a reaction to the flu shot he got a couple days ago. I'm learning that the elderly often don't have symptoms (or report them) until things are suddenly severe, and it's hard to tell when you should get assistance. It'll be a light night of sleep for me for sure.

1 comment:

Zoomie said...

Oh, dear, scary time for you! Glad your Dad was okay in the end. Whew! Your shared dinner looks good, too - I'll have to give that place a try!