Saturday, August 16, 2003

I thought I was going on for a gentle Sunday sail from Berkeley marina and nearby, but my phone jingled a bit ago from Daniel, who dissuades me from any such notion the night before the sail. I need what? Neophrene?, and I might fall in the water? Can I swim? Footstraps? I've never been in a boat with FOOTSTRAPS before. Suddenly I see myself with sunglasses askew thrashing around in the water as sharks circle. Up comes the 'skin' I bought with the scuba mask and study guides for scuba diving. Never thought I'd be using these for sailing!

Tonight I enjoyed a mini-reunion with friends Gary & Linda in Sonoma at Cafe Andalusia. Now Cafe Andalusia is a cool find! The back patio garden couldn't be lovlier, with the rose garden and sounds of the fountain in the background. The tapas are original and tasty.

If I survive the 'sailing' trip, Daniel & I will meet up with old friends Mark & Denise for dinner at Cha-Am Thai in Berkeley's Gourmet Getto. Cha-Am is also a cool find. The restaurant furnishings are a bit tired, but it serves some of the best Thai food in the entire bay area.

No comments: