Friday, May 23, 2014

Harmonious



Harmony - fresh, light and organic, and tasty too.  I recently enjoyed a meal at this popular Mill Valley Chinese restaurant.



I love that their Crisp Living Butter Lettuce Cups with minced chicken and celery, organic carrots, water chestnuts and shitakes ($12) comes with the plum sauce on the side so controlling the amount of sweet flavor is easy.


And why did I wait so long to try the Organic Tofu infused with shitake mushrooms, wrapped in seaweed, lightly fried, tossed w/ garlic, chiles, cilantro, scallions ($9.50)?  I saw it on the menu, but couldn't picture the dish, then one day took the leap, and now it's frequently in my favorite dish rotation when dining at Harmony.  They also are very good about assisting people with special diets such as gluten free.  Service was stellar and consistent with past experience.

I didn't order it this visit, but the Chocolate Sesame Ball ground lotus seed flour, sweet bean paste, melted chocolate and crushed almonds ($5) is quite a unique taste treat; I don't usually associate chocolate with Chinese restaurants.

Harmony Restaurant
800 Redwood Hwy, Ste 401
Mill Valley, CA 94941
(415) 381-5300

Previously reviewed:

Get directions and explore on Anna's Map.

No comments: