Thursday, February 21, 2008

Hamilton Cafe

Sunny Spot.
No matter what's going on elsewhere, it always seems to me that Hamilton field is warm and sunny. I was reminded of that again when Dad and I stopped by the Hamilton Cafe for brunch last weekend. The interior of this cafe is warm, with paintings adorning every wall. There was Italian opera playing in the background, and it looked like local folk enjoy hanging out here. We did too.

Garden Crepe

I tried out their Garden Crepes (Avocado, mushrooms, onions, bell pepper, Jack cheese, tomato, sour cream & chives), which came with fruit and - or Adriatic fries (I was told that these are like regular breakfast potatoes except they have onion and garlic sauteed with them). I chose the fruit, and enjoyed these delicate yet delectable rolls of fresh vegetable delights.

Veggie Burger

Dad always thinks 'brunch' is funny. Growing up on a farm, one had three squares in between all those farm chores he likes to remind me that he did. Things like milking cows by hand, tilling the soil, and pulling weeds. So he'd not have eggs for lunch thank you, but a veggie burger. Well, he has made some modernization. His father was trained as a butcher, and they raised their own steers, so he had VERY fresh meat, and much was shared with the neighbors. (The neighbors brought their cattle in for my grandfather to butcher as well, and they returned the favor.) My Dad has a soft heart, and as long as I've known him he wouldn't knowingly eat veal. So he's gone on from beef to mostly veggie burgers, happily. Hamilton Cafe is a casual and comfortable, yet has a spark to its personality. It was a nice place to enjoy a lazy weekend brunch.

1 comment:

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

Always love your travelogue and your description about the food at the restaurants. Do tell me, how do sushi taste, frankly ?