Thursday, June 10, 2010

Uncle Wing is promising

Uncle Wing

Tsing Tao in San Rafael changed hands and names and now is Uncle Wing. Seeing the bright yellow Grand Opening sign I just had to stop since it was lunchtime. A friendly staff seated me immediately and brought both water and tea, and of course a menu. Lunch specials all run under $7 for soup, appetizer, entree and rice.

Egg Flower Soup

The egg flower soup was hot and flavorful. Simple and satisfying, I enjoyed it.

Meatless Lemon Chicken

I was delighted to see a number of vegetarian and faux meat choices, and promptly chose the meatless lemon chicken entree. It came with a spring roll and fried rice. The faux meat was moist, flavorful and had a pleasant texture. It was a hit with me. I had this meal a couple weeks ago, and liked it well enough to have the same thing today. The only difference was that today, the spring roll appetizer had been morphed into fried wonton skins with some sauce. That was disappointing, but the main dish was still quite delicious.

Restaurant Inspection Results

Critical: 0
Noncritical: 0
Last Inspected: April 15, 2010

Find address/phone number/directions on Anna's Map.

No comments: