Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!



May everyone have a happy Thanksgiving!
Many happy bites to you with family and friends!

I'm enjoying Thanksgiving with friends in San Rafael and adding a Japanese twist to the day with oshitashi (a steamed and dressed spinach salad) and a sweet potato round with lemon sauce (served room temperature).  Some of my friends do not like the traditional sweet potato dish with all the marshmallow, etc. and some LOVE that dish.  So I think this is a good compromise as I can have the sweet lemon sauce on the side so those who want to sweeten it up (and that's the actual recipe) can, and those who like it plain can pop it in the microwave and add butter.  Just trying to please all!

5 comments:

Zoomie said...

Nice compromise! Happy Thanksgiving, Anna!

Anna Haight said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you Zoomie as well!

Elle said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you Anna! The sweet potato compromise sounds like a great idea...I'd go for the plain myself. I think one of the reasons I dislike marshmallows is their annual use as topping for sweet potatoes.

Anna Haight said...

Thanks Elle! I hope all is well in your world too!

Anna Haight said...

Thanks Elle! I hope all is well in your world too!