Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Long Ride Home. I decided to take the trip home to Mill Valley in one fell swoop on I-5 from Long Beach. It was a very boring but quick ride compared to Hwy 101. On the way I stopped for lunch at "Willow Ranch". Having looked at my choices of "Express" fast food this-or-that, I decided to try out the decidedly local hang out off the Buttonwillow exit. There was also a "Taste of India" which looked intriguing, but it had a sign "Closed on Tuesdays" at the door.



The hostess and waitress were both charming and welcoming. I was greeted by six gentlemen (locals) waiting at the front for a booth and being questioned about my Prius. The newness has worn off in most places so it was a pleasant surprise to have my car noted and curious questions asked after a break from these in the bay area. Willow Ranch is well-worn and well-loved by the locals. It was plain and homey, and as I suspected a better and more creative choice than one of the fast food hangouts nearby. I had a country fried chicken salad which had a variety of garnishes and tasty fried chicken breast on the top. Their ice tea came in a huge glass - country generosity.

I drove from there, aside from a gas stop, straight to my favorite comfort food, sushi, at Akira's, then home.

No comments: