Monday, October 20, 2008

"Meaty" Fish & Chips

Bobby's Cafe

I was on the far end of 4th Street in San Rafael, and since I'd never been to Bobby's Cafe for lunch, I'd give it a whirl. Especially since I spied a parking spot amidst all the road construction going on.

Fish and Chips

I was told that the Fish & Chips are something that brings people back, so I had to try these. They are thick cuts of Icelandic cod, which makes for less batter on the outside and more moist fish on the inside. The outside seemed a little too brown, but to cook through those thick fish it may be necessary. And these were great! And the French fries were a pleasant tasty surprise. The crowd was thin, and the wait staff was prompt and friendly. I vote for Bobby's at lunch too!

Previously reviewed:
April 17, 2008

1 comment:

Greg said...

I will have to check it out. I love fish and chips